So, after I wrote part one of ‘Fitting In’ a whole bunch of stuff happened with the pride festival. It all feels pretty sad, and lots of people are angry and hurt. In a bit I’ll add some links for where people can go for more information – but I just wanna get the comic up first.
[Edit] Links to articles about GaYtm pink washing:
- GayNZ article about ANZ’s GaYtm’s: http://www.gaynz.com/articles/publish/2/article_16396.php
- Original Statement from people who did the paint throwing: http://hashtag500words.com/2015/02/21/political-statement-regarding-vandalism-of-gaytm/
- GayNZ article about second round of paint attacks: http://www.gaynz.com/articles/publish/2/article_16514.php
Links to articles about Pride Parade:
- Most of the articles written about this have been collated in this handy link, so this is pretty much the best link to get all the other links: http://klutz.geek.nz/post/111910326371/notproud-auckland-pride-2015-roundup
- I wanted to highlight especially Jen’s blog post about her experiences marching, as she specifically features in the comic, so here’s that too: https://jenniferkateshields.wordpress.com/2015/02/22/notproud/ (her blog in general is pretty excellent to follow and has posts about both the parade and the ATM’s)